Monday, April 21, 2014

The Great Gatsby (continued: pt.2)

             When talking about the valley of Ashes, a billboard is oddly yet graspingly noticed in very intricate detail describing the scene on this billboard. It has the picture of two eyes belonging to a Dr. T.J. Eckleburg. They are vibrant-blue and one yard tall. I thought the mention to such specifications on a simple billboard in the middle of nowhere was a bit peculiar.
             Nick and Tom are on a train in this scene on their way to New York when Tom convinces Nick to get off with him so he can finally meet his mistress; imaginably uncomfortably. Once the two depart the train, they work their way to a car repair shopped owned by a man named George Wilson who happens to also be Myrtle's husband. It sounds like she has a lot of explaining to do.

5 comments:

  1. I saw the movie for The Great Gatsby and I am thinking about reading the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zach, my name is Anthony and im going to comment on your blog! now, like Danny Loehr, I have also seen the movie. I thought it was a fairly well scripted movie with fantastic acting. So if they put so much hard work into the movie, I bet the book is just as good if not better! I have read all of your updates on this book and im thinking about going out and picking one up just for myself. If you want we could start a book club so everyone can learn how fantastic this story is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the movie yet but I would also like to read this book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't seen the movie yet bu i have heard it is very good.

    ReplyDelete